Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fresh Start

I bought a few literary magazines yesterday, got to reading, and realized that the piece I have been typing on for the past year was no where near what I wanted it to be. Blinded by great expectations, after reading articles by editors and literary agents, I soon realized that I wanted something more complex. While the goal was such, I wasn't meeting it by any sense of the word. So, I scrapped the whole 30 pages I had and decided to start over. But this time, I start with a plan.
I've heard it said that everybody has at least one great novel within them, a story that only they can tell, a colorful cloak that only they can weave. I want to write mine. 
I'm 24 and soon to have surgery on both of my feet to repair damage I sustained over multiple years of dancing, so two weeks from tomorrow, I start what could be up to three weeks off my feet and off of work. No better time like the present, right?
So begins my journey. To keep myself on track, I'm keeping tabs on this blog as well. I find I like to document things as I go, and I feel like this place would be the ideal place for feedback if I need it. So please bare with me, as it's been a few years since I've actually blogged. 

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment